Operations with documents not goods
Payment obligation of the bank
Import (NOSTRO) letters of credit
If you import goods, a letter of credit offers you a suitable negotiating position towards the exporter. By opening a letter of credit, you insure yourself by specifying the documents on the basis of which you will take over and pay for goods as agreed with the exporter upon the conclusion of a transaction.
- Letter of credit with deposit cover
On the day of opening a letter of credit abroad, the importer authorizes the bank to debit their transaction account or transfer funds onto a special account where they wait until the date of payment abroad under the letter of credit.
- Import letter of credit with deferred payment
On the basis of an approved overdraft and established insurance, SKB concludes with the buyer (importer) a contract on the issuing of letter of credit with deferred payment and issues the letter of credit.
Export (LORO) letters of credit
It is important for an exporter that payment is guaranteed on dispatch. When all the terms defined in the export letter of credit are complied with, you receive a payment, which is guaranteed by the bank that has issued the documentary credit.
SKB Bank experts help exporters:
- Draw on the letter of credit by submitting documents belonging to the letter of credit;
- Specify the payment terms;
- Check the arrival of the letter of credit.
Making a payment under the letter of credit
In accordance with the letter of credit, you can pay as soon as you submit and verify the equivalence of documents (letter of credit on demand) or on deferred terms (60, 90 or 120 days from the date specified in the letter of credit). In the case of a letter of credit, the bank assumes the obligation to pay abroad instead of the importer.
In dealing with letters of credit, Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits 2007 Revision UCP 600 applies.
With mobile and online bank, you can arrange as many as 53 different tasks without visiting the bank.:
- Submitting application for approval of extra overdraft facility.
- Submitting application for order of consumer loan.
- Submitting application for obtaining Visa credit card.
- Paying and receiving invoices and e-invoices.
- Overview of balance and spending.
+ 48Otherdigital services
It's good to know
who you trust with your finances
- Excells in safety, stability and reliability in Slovene banking space.
- Part of OTP Group, one of the biggest and most stable financial services providers in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Trusted by more than 200.000 clients.
What do our clients say about us?
I have been a satisfied client since 2003. What I like most are personal approach and responsiveness – my individual relationship officer instantly finds a favourable solution for each of my financial challenges. I would also like to point out the mobile bank; these days I could not imagine my everyday life without it.
SKB bank keeps pace with the trends. It provides its users with online and mobile banking which makes our business easier and also simplifies dealing with our personal account, while paying invoices is quick and easy. Employees in bank branches are nice, helpful and willing to solve every issue.