Are you afraid what would happen if you lost your SKB card or if it was stolen? And what if you, in addition to your card, also lost your keys, personal documents, your wallet or mobile phone/tablet? If you take out the Plus card insurance, you can sleep soundly because all your SKB cards and personal belongings are thus insured.
The Plus card insurance is intended for all card holders and their assignees on the SKB personal account who are at least 15 years old and who are residents or have a temporary residence in Slovenia.
- Annual insurance premium amounts to 12 EUR;
- The insurance premium is paid annually via direct debit from your personal account;
- The assignee on your SKB personal account has to take out their own insurance.
Advantages of the Plus card insurance
- It includes insurance in the case of abuse of lost or stolen Visa debit and credit cards.;
- The insurance also includes personal items (keys, personal documents, a handbag, a wallet, a mobile phone (including the reimbursement of costs of phone calls) and a tablet)
- It covers additional costs (cancellation of a lost / stolen card);
- Low price considering the scope of insurance;
- Insurance applies in Slovenia and abroad
The Plus card insurance entitles you to compensation for damage in the case of abuse of lost or stolen cards and cash theft.
The insurance includes damage occuring from the moment of theft or loss of a card up to the moment of reporting the loss or theft of the card to the bank.
SKB customers can claim insurance coverages if their SKB bank card has been stolen or lost at the same time as their personal items.
Insurance of abuse of a lost or stolen card
In the case of payment, up to 50 EUR per an individual card in an individual contingency and up to 3,000 EUR per all cards per an underwriting year
|In the case of cash withdrawal, up to 50 EUR per an individual card in an individual contingency and up to 250 EUR per all cards per an underwriting year
The Plus card insurance applies if cash which the card holder withdraws from their bank account at an ATM or in the bank outlet is stolen from them and if such a theft or robbery takes place within an hour after withdrawal.
|Insurance of previously withdrawn cash
It includes insurance coverage for actual costs relating to:
- The report of loss / theft of a card with the intention of its cancellation (it covers the costs of card cancellation),
- The issue of a new card due to a lost / stolen card,
- The issue of an identification card for the use of SKB NET online bank in the case of loss or theft.
Costs of reporting loss / theft of a card and the issue of a new card
Costs of identification card for the use of SKB NET online bank
In addition to card insurance, the SKB Plus card insurance also includes the insurance of some personal items which are usually carried around together with cards. The insurance thus applies to:
- Personal documents,
- A handbag,
- A wallet,
- A mobile phone (recovery of costs of phone calls) and
- A tablet.
The coverage area applies to entire Europe (geographically).
(after the event and per year)
|Insurance of costs of reissuing documents
|up to 100 EUR
|Insurance of costs of remanufacturing keys
|up to 300 EUR
|Insurance of costs of a handbag/bag, a wallet
|up to 100 EUR
|Insurance of costs of buying a mobile phone or a tablet
|up to 200 EUR
Insurance of mobile phone (recovery of costs of phone calls)
|up to 100 EUR
Insurance coverages of the stated personal items can only be claimed if an SKB card has been stolen together with personal items.
Frequently asked questions
In addition to the procedures described for the loss of an SKB card, a police report must be attached to the damage claim, when a personal item was stolen or lost with an SKB card.
In case of misuse of any stolen or lost SKB business card, you must:
- file a claim for damages at any Sava outlet within 45 days at the latest;
- obtain all the required documentation to file a claim with the insurance company in accordance with the conditions for business Card insurance plus.
You can report the damage by calling the insurance company’s number (07) 391 73 31, every day between 7.30 am and 3.30 pm, Wednesdays between 7.30 am and 5.00 pm.
The damage claim form is available at SKB's or Sava's outlets. The insurance company will reimburse you for any damage covered under the contract within 14 days after receiving all the required documentation.